Friday, September 14, 2012

Guess what?!?!?!



Well, this one particular recipe seems to be an overall favorite, among adults.
I say among adults because, well, what kid LOVES chicken?
I know when I was a kid, I HATED that we ALWAYS ate chicken.

This recipe is as simple as they come...
Buying good, organic, flavorful chicken is key.
It  is also the starting point to SO many of my other recipes to come.
SO BOOKMARK THIS PAGE

So now I present,

BAKED CHICKEN~

Serves 5-6
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes - 1 hour


Here's what you need:

4 Bone-in Chicken Breasts
3 Bone-in Chicken Thighs
3 Chicken Drumsticks
Salt
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Garlic Powder
Paprika
Extra Virgin Olive Oil


...and all you need is a broil pan and some foil.

(You can also just make this recipe for 2...with 2 breasts,
however I've found that it's a great leftover to put into salads, day 2 meals, and also very easy to reheat)


Line bottom half of broil pan with foil (this helps with clean up).  Replace top pan and evenly place chicken on it, making sure pieces aren't touching.

Drizzle oil onto each piece of chicken.  You don't want too much oil, as it will make it greasy, so just a drizzle on each piece.
Sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika onto oiled pieces of chicken.

Place seasoned chicken into preheated oven and bake at 375 degrees for 45-50 minutes.

When chicken is done, it should be  a nice crispy golden brown skin.  Let chicken sit for about 5 minutes before serving (this will help lock in the juices).

Hopefully later today, after I get some work stuff done, I can put some side dishes up on the blog.

~It's all out there in front of us......




No comments:

Post a Comment