Tuesday, February 7, 2012

348 - 3 = A Cheater

As I write my goals in my journal,
I find that there are a few that could have been grouped into 1....
but let's be realistic,
I'm trying to accomplish 365 goals this year,
so I might cheat here and there....
These goals could be looped into 1,
but here are the 3

CALL MY GRANDMA MORE OFTEN
CALL MIMA MORE OFTEN
CALL THE REST OF THE FAMILY MORE OFTEN


As I approach my move, I have come to the realization that my family 
(who has been here the whole time) 
is here for me....unconditionally.

I have a very hard time finding the right opportunity to chat on the phone, 
but since recently making arrangements to move in temporarily with my Great Aunt,
I have more of a reason to call
...besides the reason that I just should!

When Mike comes up, we spend a lot of time with his MIMA.
I love MIMA.
I have shared some very special times with her,
and I feel very lucky to be eventually gaining her as 
MY MIMA~
I've also found, at some times, that I spent more time with her than I did with my Granny
not sure how it happened, but for a while there, I was.
She's the MIMA who texts, she always checks in, and always invites me over to EAT!
Although, I haven't really heard from her recently...
I plan on texting her tomorrow.


I mentioned that I am moving in with my Great Aunt.
My AUNT BELLE~
My lovely, silly, and matter of fact Great Aunt.
I'm grateful that she is around and able to allow me to stay with her for the 
interim time frame until I move back to Florida.
She continues to ask if I "Really want to move back to Florida"
I think she just secretly wants me to stay living with her, forever.
If I wasn't moving back to begin my new life with my Babe, I'm sure I might have taken up the opportunity!
 I called her this past weekend to confirm that she was available to spend some time on this upcoming Saturday. 
She is...so I'm excited to see her.

So, that leaves my Grandma and the rest of the family....
I had the delight of calling
MY GRANNY
on her birthday recently,
We spent 2 hours on the phone....
We talked about so many things, 
and I know that I got her mind a bit distracted from her stresses, 
even if just for that time that we were on the phone.
I truly enjoyed our conversation that day.
I find myself calling her more and more
to brighten her day.
I feel like I get her to smile and laugh, and I enjoy it!

I have also found myself becoming more and more intrigued with my family ancestry.
When my sister came for a visit before the holidays,
we were in Brooklyn, chatting with our mom,
when she mentioned that our family roots are based in the area of Brooklyn that we were in.
I go into Williamsburg, Brooklyn, every Saturday morning for my aerial class.
So this past Saturday morning on my way to class,
I decided to call my Granny and check in with her.
As we were talking I was telling her where I was,
and she was familiar with it!
I asked her for the address of the house she used to live in.

221 Devoe Street.


This was the house that my Great Grandparents moved into
when they first got married,
where they raised their family,
and it was the house that MY GRANNY moved into when she got married,
and started her family there (on the second floor)!


My granny and her sisters went to school and church right down the block from their house
St. Nicholas Catholic Church and School

So after getting a little bit of info, 
I drove over!
It was an incredible feeling to be on the street that my family came from.
This coming Saturday, I plan on visiting the house that my GREAT GRANDMOTHER
grew up in.
I look forward to sharing those photos as well.

I called over to my Granny's house once I got home,
I had shared the photos on my phone,
and my cousin was able to see them on hers.
She just so happened to be down at our Granny's place
with our other cousins babies.
I got on the phone with her, and told her to show Granny the photos.
Faithy told me that Granny had tears in her eyes!
It truly made my day!


 It was wonderful to have spoken with that side of the family all in one day!
I'm looking forward to seeing them on Saturday,
and then moving out there for the 4 months.

Can't wait to feed my soul with my family history, 
and my family's love!!

This leads into my goals, because I found myself really enjoyed these conversations...
Once I move back, 
I would like to make sure I continue these relationships with all of these 
SPECTACULAR PEOPLE 
in my life! Phone calls will be the best way to enure these relationships are kept!

I love them all so dearly!


It's all out there in front of us~

No comments:

Post a Comment