Monday, February 6, 2012

349 - 1 = Valentine's day

As I have discussed in earlier posts,
I have challenged myself to send only HANDMADE cards for the year.

So far, I have made, and sent, all of my January birthday cards.
I have discovered that January is a popular month for birthdays, however,
February is not.
I had one birthday card to make, and it's on it's way to that person now...better late than never!

It does host one of the most popular card giving holidays...
Valentine's Day.

It also hosts my babe and I's anniversary...
this year we will be together a whole 3 years!!
So hard to believe!

So February is a great month for sending my cards!!
However,  as I have mentioned in the past,
I'm moving...in February!!!

I have to say I am actually happy there aren't any other cards to send for the month!
I knew making a goal for this would be an easy one, since I was already with supplies...
but on the other hand, I know that what I tried to go for originally didn't turn out very well.
The final outcome, did.

I wanted to make sure that I wasn't really repeating a goal...
I decided that this would be my goal...

SEND LOTS OF LOVE

How do you send love?
It's not very easy living far away from the ones you love,
it's also very hard to pour your heart and soul into a card when you don't write (feelings) well, or creatively...so I relied on the internet.
Let me tell you,
finding cute love quotes wasn't easy, and maybe I looked in the wrong place...
it made it a little challenging....but I did it!
I assembled the 8 cards,  wrote little love notes inside,
and mailed them out.

I hope that my Valentines love the love that they got!
I really enjoyed making them!

The word simplicity was used recently by one of my dear friends...
so I heeded her advice, and went the "simple" route.

Here's a sneak peek into what to expect!

 There are a few others that I need to finish up this week for my NYC Valentines.

Better get to work on them!!



It's all out there in front of us~



No comments:

Post a Comment