Monday, March 12, 2012

332 - 2 = Nom Nom Nom

Just call me Piggy McPiggington...

So, after a full week of living with AB, I'm starting to see how my eating habits will change.

I wrote this goal down on my list a while ago...and it actually made it BACK on the list for a second time.

~EAT BETTER
~WORK HARDER AT EATING BETTER

What's great is, I don't really have a choice now that AB has all of it ready for me. She's helping me accomplish this goal, whether I like it or not. AB is so wonderful & wants to make sure I never leave the house empty or go to bed hungry.

I must say, I never really ate a full breakfast- unless of course it was a brunch eaten at anytime after 11am. When I was living in the city, I'd wake up, lay in bed for 30 minutes, get up, wash my face, get dressed, walked the pup, came back up and left the house....NO BREAKFAST YET. I lived with a famous DDonut shop on the corner, and I went there so regularly, that they knew my coffee order as soon as I walked in, and had it ready for me by the time I got to the register...STILL NO BREAKFAST YET. I'd then get on the train and proceed to drink my coffee for about an hour (drinking it slow and taking my time cause it was usually a HUGE one).

Now, I get up an hour earlier than I used to (not because of daylight savings either, that's a whole different post), lay in bed for 30 minutes waking up, go downstairs, and my breakfast is there waiting for me, and the coffee is sitting in the pot ready for me to pour into my mug sitting on the counter. It's pretty easy to eat right when there are bran flakes, fresh fruit, 1% milk, and whole wheat rolls, bagels, and English muffins at my disposal.

I would usually get to work still chugging on my coffee, now by the time I get to work it's almost time for me to eat lunch. Lunch is something that sometimes can be in the form of a snack off of whatever I'm cooking at work that day, or maybe a salad with chicken. However, more often than not, now I require it, as opposed to sometimes eating.

Last week I found out how late I'd be getting home regularly. If I have a normal night, I'm home by 8:30 and close to 11 on others and there's AB with my dinner waiting for me either way. It's been everything from fish, chicken soup, turkey meatballs, and pizza. Every meal has had either broccoli rabe, broccoli, or asparagus and usually a whole wheat roll. When I got home from work when I lived in the city I usually would have the diner on speed dial...and would only order when I was hungry.

I had poor eating habits. I didn't eat many vegetables, I didn't eat all of the right things...funny, cause I'm a "chef" for a very healthy eating family of 5. It just becomes very difficult to make things for 1 when I would get home, because I usually cook most of the day. Not to mention, I head to the market 3 times a week for work, the last thing I want to do when I get back home, is head back to the market.

This new "eating thing" (we'll call it that for now) will relate and transfer over To my new life living with my babe. We will both have good eating habits and I'll be happy to prepare meals for more than just me.

Almost lunchtime now....


~It's all out there in front of us...

1 comment:

  1. Yaaaayyy! A new post! I'm glad you are FINALLY eating well. I'd talk to you and you'd just be eating your dinner and it was like midnight! So glad life with your aunt is treating you well. Chat soon. Love you.

    ReplyDelete