Wednesday, April 4, 2012

305 - 1 = On Broaaadwaaaayyy

I have to confess something, and I'm sure you might be a little shocked when you hear it. Before I confess, I'll give you some back story.

I come from a house of music...and not the great singing, band playing type of music. It's the type of house where the music was always playing, and there was much dancing about. Whether we were cooking, cleaning the house, doing homework, or just vegging around there was always some sort of music playing. Rock and roll, disco, pop, and most of all SHOW TUNES!!

I also grew up in another musical place, my dance studio. I would spend sometimes up to 12 hours a week, after school, on weekends, and even sometimes I got to miss school because of something dance related. I was a "company" kid. We were the ones who performed the big productions every year at the recitals and we're even invited places to perform these productions.

I learned the art of make-up application, costume designing, and hair styling. It was all stage based art with lots of hair spray, grease paint, and tons of sequins! I certainly attribute my love of all of these things to those who I learned them from.

With that being said, I have a true love for Broadway....only (now here comes the confession) I HAVE YET TO SEE A SHOW ON BROADWAY! I have seen off Broadway productions...just none ON Broadway.

So I am dying to see a few before my departure in June. One is about a nanny who leaves when the wind changes, it's a classic, by Disney ;) (would you expect any less). The next is about a witch from an old classic story about a girl and her travels over the rainbow...it was a book, which I read and loved, and if I don't see any other shows, I will make it a point to see this one!

They are a bit pricey, but I think I can manage a few of them.

So here's the goal...

~SEE A FEW BROADWAY SHOWS BEFORE JUNE

~It's all out there in front of us....




No comments:

Post a Comment