Tuesday, January 17, 2012

357 - 3 = Made with SUNSHINE

In an attempt to make up for lost time, 
this might be a hefty post.
However, it might need to be broken up amongst a few.
We'll see how it goes.....

So it's easy to see how much I've been slacking this week.
I've been logging goals, trying to accomplish a few others, 
and (as I warned you before) I became detained...
by laziness

I've been enjoying my week, not doing much of anything...
can you blame me with how cold it's been?

So, as far as my goals are concerned, 
I have started goal making, 
started the blog, 
began taking more photos,
I've gotten the basics down for knitting,
sent out my first month of handmade cards, 
and challenged myself to a crazy amount of running.


Considering my attempts, I haven't kept up with one of them,
THE BLOGGING
I'm finding myself going thru brief moments of disinterest.
It comes and goes...but tonight, it's here!
I'm sure this will be the case throughout the year.

Drum roll please.....
as I announce my next few goals.....

Number 356~

FINISH A GOOD BOOK ~ A FEW OF THEM!


 

I began my challenge of reading 
(keep in mind, I like to read adventure books for young adults and children)
with a book that is co-written by one of my favorite authors,
Ridley Pearson
He wrote one of my favorite series,
The Kingdom Keepers
(it's about 5 kids who are chosen to keep Disney Parks safe from "Overtakers")
So I thought it couldn't be bad!
This book is the first in the Neverland Series.
It tells the story of Peter Pan...
I'm excited about what it has to offer.
I'm currently managing to read on my commute home on the train.
I alternate reading and knitting each commute.

My knitting is coming along...

 Yes, I'm in a car there in that picture, but no I wasn't driving, I was sitting.
ALTHOUGH,
Learning to knit while driving might be QUITE the challenge ;-)
I will not be taking that on though, 
SO THE WORLD IS SAFE!


I have a few knitting projects coming up,
I must learn a few more stitches,
and get some CUDDLY yarn.
Something tells me I need to just start cranking the knitting out!
Those projects will be well blogged about as soon as they have had their first stitch!

The cards are turning out very cute...
I'm wishing I had more supplies, 
and even with an additional trip to the craft store this past weekend
I don't have EVERYTHING I need.
I'd like to accumulate a few scrapbooking things,
in order to make the cards everything they could be.
I am also finding out, that in these beginning stages,
the cards are individually costing less than buying them at the store,
but collectively costing more cause of all of the cute supplies I keep finding.



I am all set for the month of January on cards,
and next month there aren't many birthday's...
but there are 2 SPECIAL events that will require some creativity,
VALENTINE'S DAY
and
MIKE AND I'S 3 YEAR ANNIVERSARY
Looking forward to taking pictures of these cards.
They will be very unique and made with 
SUNSHINE!

The next few goals will be some sort of a FEAT!

EAT PROPER MEALS
&
FIX MY SLEEPING PATTERNS

These will be somewhat difficult for me,
a challenge of no end I'm sure.

I am finding myself up until WAAAY too late at night, 
not to mention,
eating food during those late night hours.

I sneak Nerds, make sandwiches, nibble on chips,
make and eat boxed macaroni and cheese...
ALL AROUND MIDNIGHT!

I'm sure it is leading into my LATE night falling asleep.
SO the challenge will be to shut everything down earlier...including the computer.
I think it will be easier when I move, 
leaving me more time for my knitting and reading.
Until then,
please understand it's for a good cause if I am not on the computer late at night.

I do get the proper amount of sleep,
a whole 7-9 hours on the regular...
but I don't wake up early very well.
I would like to just have a few more minutes to myself in the mornings,
and if I don't get that sleep in, 
I'm a GRUMP!
This is why I am setting this goal.



I took a few sunshine pics this week too,
one in particular, I thought was REALLY cool.
I happened to catch a
SNOWY SUN SHOWER




The snow came as soon as it came....
leaving a beautiful sunset.

It is January 17th.
Ending it here, makes it 11 goals set so far.
 Like I've said before, 
some days will contain 1 or 3 or even none.

As long as I keep the count up, the princess notebook, and my heart open to some changes,
the goals should keep flowing!

It's all out there in front of us~

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous! So happy to read this post! I'm glad you are going to work on getting to bed earlier and shutting down earlier too. I have been trying to do the same. It really helps. Great job with your knitting too!! Love it. Looks really good. Have a good sunshiney day!

    ReplyDelete