Tuesday, January 24, 2012

352 - 1 = Boxes, boxes, boxes

As I'm sure I've mentioned before,
I'm moving.

I'm moving, 2 times.
Hoping this will be my last 2 times until I buy the house I plan on raising my family in.

Technically I'm not moving 2 times,
but this one particular move is happening in 2 stages.

The first, is all of my furniture and a few boxes,
and my pup, Katie Bubbles.

The second is myself, and my car, from Long Island, (after temporarily living with my Great Aunt)
heading down to Florida for GOOD!


If you know Katie and know that I might be crazy
you should already know that I don't function well without her.
She is my snuggle bear, my light, my smiles, and always there for me!

She will be moving to her Grandma's house until June, so that I can finish my commitment at work.
I'm jealous that she will be soaking up the SUNSHINE down in Florida without me.

This goal is something that needs to happen the right way or else I might go insane,
 the goal....

PACK BOXES AND KEEP THEM ORGANIZED

It's not a very impressive goal,
but I know that this has been something I've been inconsistent with in my 
23 other moves.

Yes I said 23 other moves...it's not something I'm especially proud of, 
but I've learned  A LOT,
and I know that I don't EVER want to move again!

I can't say that I have accumulated THAT much stuff,
(except much large furniture)
in my 3 years of living here....
however, it's enough that it won't fit into my car for my move back,
like it did for my way up.

I picked up 4, yes 4, boxes from the liquor store the other day.
I had some friends tell me to check there...
they have small, sturdy boxes, 
that are great for moves, so the boxes aren't 
TOO HEAVY!

I do have movers coming to move some boxes and my furniture, 
but I don't want them to be overly cumbersome.

So, yesterday, I began the packing process.
I began with my cookbooks, books, and files.


 I took down some of my art,
and went thru my clothes,
emptying out a few drawers and shelves of things I won't need anytime soon.


 Katie tried to help, but got a little lazy.


My closet seems so bare.


It is so hard to believe that I am moving in less than a month!

It's happening fast,

but,

It's all out there in front of us~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment