Saturday, January 7, 2012

361-3 = National Hobby Month

For those of you who don't know,
January is National Hobby Month!

Although I wear many hats,  I tried to think about what some of my hobbies are.
I thought, could it be running?  Cooking?  Smiling?
No, none of those things.
Those aren't REAL hobbies for me.
They are just things that I do that I enjoy.

So it lead me to write down something in my little notebook....

GET A HOBBY 

Now, I know what you're thinking,
"When the heck does this girl have time to acquire a HOBBY?"
and
"What is she trying to do, KNIT?!?!"

Why, yes, that's EXACTLY what I plan on doing!

LEARN TO KNIT
 
 It's something that I have been thinking about doing for quite some time now.
I kept seeing people on the train with their knitting needles,
making REALLY AWESOME knitted blankets, scarves, plush toys, and even SOCKS!

It sounds like something that old ladies do, but nope.....I'm doing it!
 So here's what I'm setting as my goal to learn to make

Seeing is that I will be moving to where I'll have some time sitting on the train commuting to and from work,
I figured I'd learn it now, so I can have something to work on.
 PLUS, doesn't that blankie just look so YUMMY!
 
I went online last night, not sure of where to start,
only to find MANY tutorials on how to learn to knit.
Step by step videos, and even written.

So, off to Michael's craft store I went today, with a mission
and SOME COUPONS!
Here's what I got




While I was at Michael's, 
I set out to find a few more things for an additional long term goal I have for the year.

SEND ONLY HANDMADE CARDS FOR BIRTHDAYS, HOLIDAYS 
AND SPECIAL OCCASIONS 

With the cost of cute cards rising, I figured I'd save some money,
buying a few things in bulk, and some supplies,
so that I can design and send my very own cards!



Hopefully you will be lucky enough to get one this YEAR!
Keep in mind, these are EVEN better since they are made with 
SUNSHINE!!!

  
So, off I go to learn casting, knitting, and purling....
and there are a few birthday's this month,
SO I better get to card making as well!!

Let the CREATIVITY BEGIN!!!!!!

It's all out there in front of us~










No comments:

Post a Comment